On Tuesday, a bonsai tree boldly went where no bonsai tree has gone before.
Azuma Makoto, a 38-year-old artist based in Tokyo, launched two botanical arrangements into orbit: “Shiki 1,” a Japanese white pine bonsai tree suspended from a metal frame, and an untitled arrangement of orchids, lilies, hydrangeas, and irises.
J Dilla X Common
1. The Drowned World’, Oil on Panel, 5.5ft x 7ft, 2014
2. Things Fall Apart’, Oil on Canvas, 4ft x 4ft, 2014.
3. ‘Consider different fading systems’, Oil on Panel, 2ft x 2ft and 2ft x 3ft, 2013
4. Darkness at Noon’, Oil on Canvas, 5.5ft x7ft, 2013.
5. Tiergarten, Oil on Panel, 5.5ft x 7ft, 2012.
6. Mega Block A. Oil on Panel, 3ft x 4ft, 2010.
7.Dolce Dystopia, Oil on Canvas, 5.5ft x 7ft, 2010
8. A Short Period of Light Before the Dark, Oil on Panel, 3ft x 4ft, 2009.
9. Lobby A, Oil on Panel, 3ft x 4ft, 2009.
Alexander McQueen Fall 2014 (details)
Another Daddy and Daughter trip to Disneyland for the memory books. It was a cool 72 degrees and the crowds were small. With 2 diapers in my back pocket we ate lunch together at the wharf, danced to some music on Buena Vista Street, rode the carousel 5 times, rode the Little Mermaid ride (Ashtyn gets scared of the parts containing Ursula - and I’m okay with that because she buries her head in my chest and closes her eyes and it’s so sweet), we devoured a Mickey Mouse cookie, hung out with a few characters, and sat on a curb and people watched.
I love our Disney dates.